For international students who want to stay in the U.S. and gain some work experience, the OPT application is the first and most important step in converting from F1 student status to H1B status. During the H1B visa period, some employers may also grant a green card application.

So how should students who want to gain internship and work experience in the U.S. apply for it?


Apply for OPT internship and get a job

OPT, or Optional Practical Training, is an internship period for F1 visa students in the U.S. After graduation, students can have 1 year of Optional Practical Training, or OPT for short, during which you have a work permit and can work for any company, but the work you do must be related to your major.

However, it is important to note that OPT can be applied for 90 days before and 60 days after graduation. Also, after applying for OPT, the period of unemployment is not to exceed 3 months.


Learn more about EB1B

Categories: blog


Leave a Reply